The final setup (or DXLab Suite, HDSDR, RTL-SDR, TS-590 How-To)
So this is my current setup. Step by step:
- Hook up CN303 of the TS-590 to the antenna input of the RTL-SDR.
- Hook up the TS-590 to the laptop for CAT control. In my case i am using COM3.
- Configure DXLabSuite to use COM3 for CAT control.
- Install VSP Manager and configure a COM pair. These are two virtual COM ports connected to each other. I use COM4 and COM5.
- Configure DXLabSuite to use COM4 as second CAT interface using the Kenwood protocol.
- Install Omni-Rig and configure Rig1 to use COM5 (remember that this is the one connected to DXLab) for the TS-590.
- Install HDSDR and add the correct RTL-SDR drivers. How-to can be found on the HDSDR website.
- Configure HDSDR to use the RTL-SDR USB.
- Configure HDSDR to use Omni-Rig and select Rig1.
- Switch everything on and enjoy.